Monday, December 22, 2014

Flirt Cupcakes

I'm sure we all know how amazing cupcakes are... a moist cake topped with sweet and delicious frosting... I'm craving a cupcake just from writing this! I've made it a goal of mine to check out all of Edmonton's cupcakeries, and I'm slowly but surely getting there. The cupcakery (or cupcake bakery) that I last took a trip to would be Flirt Cupcakes (http://www.flirtcupcakes.com/), located on Whyte Ave. They also have another shop in Downtown on Jasper Ave, which I've passed by a few times before.

CJ and I had purchased a Groupon for Flirt Cupcakes at the start of our summer break, so we visited the cupcakery just a few days before the deal expired! Lol, cutting it close for sure. I didn't really think about taking a picture of the interior since CJ and I were in and out fairly quickly. However, the Flirt Cupcakes Whyte Ave location has a decent size space with some seating inside, which is great if you want to stay in to snack on your sweet treat. 

A Dozen Mini Cupcakes.

The deal we had at Flirt Cupcakes were a dozen Mini Cupcakes (normally $16.95) at a discounted price of $8.99. I loved all the fun and bright colours of the frosting! It was very hard to divide the cupcakes between CJ and I... at least we each got one red velvet! 

Here is my best attempt at naming all the cupcakes in the above picture, from left to right: 
Top Row: Cookie Dough, Fury, Fantasy Island, The Flirt.
Middle Row: Coffee Date, Heartbreaker, Heartbreaker, Sweet Georgia Brown.
Bottom Row: Basic Instinct, Wild on Whyte, Orange Creamsicle, Cookies & Cream.

Sweet Georgia Brown.

All the cupcakes I had were heavenly! Fury and Heartbreaker were at the top of my list, but the one that stood out the most to me was definitely the Sweet Georgia Brown. This one is a brown sugar and cinnamon cake topped with cream cheese frosting and a Teddy Graham. SO GOOD! I'm not kidding when I say that this is one of the best cupcakes I've had. Just the right amount of sweetness too. I want to come back to purchase the regular sized cupcake in this flavour for sure. 

Be sure to hit up Flirt Cupcakes to satisfy your cupcake craving! I found that the price of their cupcakes are just slightly higher compared to other cupcakeries in the Whyte Ave and Old Strathcona area, but they still have the Groupon deal going on for both their locations! Get it before it's gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment